Monday, August 11, 2014

Packing list.

Now before you get all creeped out because I have begun packing more than 3 weeks before my departure, realize that my family is hosting an exchange student as well. That exchange student, Momoka, will be staying in my room for the year while I am in Spain. Said exchange student will also be arriving to our home in 3 days..... Sooooo I am cleaning my room. I have about 3 baskets of clean laundry in my room that I refuse to put away just to get them back out in a week. So I have begun my packing process. 

I am packing mostly my fall/winter clothes into my giant checked luggage. That includes jackets, sweater, boots, long sleeve shirts, jeans and pants. My summer clothes including shorts, shirts, tee shirts, bathing suits, converses and sandals will then be fit into the rest of the space in my luggage, and my carry on. 

Here is my Unofficially Offical list:
(Numbers are approximations)

TOPS:
Short sleeve t-shirts (6)
Long sleeve t-shirts (4)
Tank tops (5)
Sweaters (2)
Sweatshirts (3)
Jackets (2)
Dresses (4)
Rompers/Jumpsuits (1)
Nice shirts (5)

BOTTOMS:
Jeans (4) ... I've packed 6 so far...
Pants (3)
Skirts (4)
Leggings
Shorts (5)
Athletic shorts (5)
Tights
Capris (2)
Sweats/pajamas (2)

SHOES:
Converses
Canvas shoes
Boots (2)
Sneakers (2) 
Spikes (for track and field)
Sandals
Flip flops

OTHER:
Underwear (24)
Bras (4)
Sports bras (6)
Socks (10 pairs)
Scarves (3)
Earrings (3) ... I only wear studs...
Makeup
Headbands (5)
Belts (2)
Gloves (1 pair)

This list is not including toiletries. I'm sure I will be adding and subtracting many thing from this list as I attempt to meet the size and weight requirements. I also plan on bringing a few journals: a journal for daily/weekly/monthly writing, a journal for learning and remembering words and phrases, a booklet with names, numbers, and addresses, and a Spanish to English dictionary. Other things I will bring will be a power converter or two and host family gifts.

As there are many obvious or less obvious items that are vital to pack PLEASE comment and let me know if you find my list is missing something. 

My natural family's exchange student arrives in 3 days, and my host family's exchange student arrives in approximately 25 days. 

No puedo esperar! ....
I can not wait!

Lilly



No comments:

Post a Comment