Monday, August 4, 2014

Fully supported

So I have had a very exciting last couple of days. My week began with a sports writer for the daily newspaper contacting me to ask if he cold write a story on me. I of course said yes! Matt Goul, from York Daily Record had called me for an interview and a few short hours later I was in an article! Somehow I ended up being on the front page of the sports section, and had a giant picture of me throwing javelin. 

Along with that Matt Goul posting that article on twitter, 5 Spanish twitter accounts had also posted it! I have no idea why but it was super exciting! Along with that, I had also been elected for The YMCA's member spotlight! It described my upcoming venture to Spain and my plans to train with the javelin, regardless of being coachless. I am feeling very honored and very fortunate to be in the position I am. 

Also, yesterday was the Speedwell Foundation Scholarship Picnic. I was able to meet the lady who began it all. Jenny and Mike Messner, who had been an exchange student to Brazil, has given out 115 full scholarships for AFS students in the past 7 years. I was very excited to meet them as they are the couple that is funding my entire journey to Spain. 
I also got to meet and talk to returnees from Spain. I heard all about their experiences and it makes me even more eager to just get there! Below is the group of students from my area chapter that I will be traveling to Spain with (excluding one.) 
30 more days!!

Buenas Dias,
Lilly

No comments:

Post a Comment