Tuesday, May 27, 2014

My permanent host family placement

Today was my lucky day!! After alllllllllll of the waiting that seemed like forever, I finally got my host family. While a lot of people have already gotten their host families, a lot are also still waiting. I feel very fortunate to have a family who chose me based on what they saw on my application..... Hopefully they can handle the Lilly.... Anyway, I was waiting for my friend to get out of class for lunch when I opened up my email on my iPod. I refreshed the page and there is was! "AFS: Your permanent host family placement". I literally started jumping up and down with excitement. I sent an email to my host mom, Lina. It turns out that along with my host mom and dad, I will also have 3 younger siblings. A sister who is 9, a sister who is 8, and a brother who is 6. Now, I'm comfortable with being in a family with a lot of kids because I myself am 1 of 4. Being the oldest one will be the new part for me. Knowing that I won't have any siblings near my age, I am nervous about beginning high school alone, but hey, I can really do anything I want to right? I am so very excited to begin my life in Spain with this beautiful family. About 96 days and counting until departure. 

Adios,
Lilia

No comments:

Post a Comment