Thursday, May 29, 2014

Cannot wait!

As I got my host family a couple days ago, I have been communicating with my host mom via email. At first we were speaking in English until she told me that she doesn't actually speak fluent English..... That's when I decided I might a well get a head start on my Spanish, and try my best to write by myself.... Although I have been using google translate for assistance (about 1/3 of every email) but hey, practice makes perfect right? So I learned that I will be living in a beautiful, small, red house and I fell in love the first time I saw it.... On google earth I might add. I just typed in the address that was listed under my placement page and BOOM there is my beautiful future home. I fell in love instantly. I've been talking to my mom. About family and sports. I told her that I really love track and field and would like to participate in it while in Spain if possible, but if there wasn't a club nearby, any sport would suffice. And guess what? The VERY next day, my host mom emailed me saying that she found a track club for me and that she would sign me up if I wanted to do it. Ding ding ding. Now I already love my house AND my mom. I cannot wait to begin my life with them!! 
This is the home of the family that I will soon call my own. 95 days and counting......

Hasta la proxima,
Lilly



No comments:

Post a Comment