Saturday, March 22, 2014

Need closure.

My name is Lilly and I am from South Pennsylvania. I started the AFS application process around mid November. It may have been the single longest process I have ever gone through, but in the end it was all worth it. 

I submitted my completed application in January before the priority deadline. After having it sent back twice with all of the corrections I needed to make, I was finally accepted into AFS-USA. I was also awarded a full scholarship to study abroad. When I got the call, I literally screamed and felt so many emotions rushing through me. Long hours and four extra essays later, my hard work finally paid off. I got the scholarship which meant that I was going to Spain... free. Shout out the Speedwell Foundation for the awesome opportunity by the way. 

The only thing I have left that will guarantee me the program is that I have to be accepted by AFS-Spain. It has been 2 weeks since my application has been sent overseas, but it feels like it has been months. The email told me that it will probably take 4-6 weeks to be accepted, but I hate waiting. So many of the blogs that I have read, the people found out about their acceptance within 2 weeks! All I really need is the closure that I am for sure going abroad next year. I need all of the time and effort to be worth it. How bad would it suck if I was awarded a $15,000 scholarship, and then wasn't even accepted by the program? Yeah, it would suck horribly. Ugh I feel like I'm whining but the waiting just sucks! 

I'll post again as soon as I know. Too eager for anybody to understand. 

Adios! Lilly

No comments:

Post a Comment