Friday, September 5, 2014

SPAIN

Today, I arrived in Spain. After quite a lengthy, over-night orientation in NYC, a 7 hour flight to Switzerland, a 4 hour layover, and a 2 hour flight to Madrid.... Here I am! It is beautiful and..... HOT! 

We had dinner and an arrival orientation which didn't include too much, but I am now pleased to say that I will leave in the morning at 7 o'clock for the train station, and head to Pamplona, where my host family will pick me up! I am beyond incredibly excited and ecstatic that I am finally here, but it still doesn't feel real and I don't think it will until I actually meet my family and sleep in my bed. 

One thing that I was expecting but dreading was drinks with no ice. A cold glass of water will only keep from becoming room temperature if it is paired with ice, and sadly, Spaniards do not put ice in their drinks. Room-temperature drinks may not be as refreshing as ice-cold drinks, but they do go down the pipe better! 

As I have not much more to say, I will update again in another couple days (or weeks) as I see fit.

Despedida!
Lilly

PS everyone thinks I'm weird for bringing my javelin with me and carrying it around in a PVC pipe.

1 comment:

  1. Lilly I'm so glad you for there safe!! Keep your positive attitude as times get tough with language and school. I can't wait to read every entry about your year!!

    ReplyDelete